Equal parts old school cats and modern operators, the Stringdusters’ latest album, Ladies & Gentlemen (arriving February 5th on Compass Records) spotlights the band’s gift for incorporating guests into their world by rolling out the red carpet for an eclectic array of female singers lending their pipes to a dozen original Stringdusters compositions.
Highlighting the group’s instrumental and compositional prowess, the new set opens up fresh spaces including the drum-boosted contemporary country bounce of “Listen” with airwave vet Joan Osborne, the classic Dolly Parton feel “See How Far You’ve Come” with Sara Watkins (Nickel Creek, Watkins Family Hour), the slow jam slink of “Have A Little Faith” with nu-soul belter Joss Stone, the contemporary folk breeze of “I Believe” with Lee Ann Womack, the rousing Americana soar of “Old Whiskey Bottle” with Celia Woodsmith, or the exhilarating style stew of “Hazosphere” with Jennifer Hartswick (Trey Anastasio Band). Elsewhere Mary Chapin Carpenter, Aofie O'Donovan (Crooked Still, Sometymes Why, The Goat Rodeo Sessions), Celia Woodsmith (Della Mae), Sarah Jarosz, Nicki Bluhm, Claire Lynch and Abigail Washburn weave their voices into one of the group’s strongest song cycles to date.
1. Listen (Joan Osborne)
2. I Believe (Lee Ann Womack)
3. Won't Be Long (Sara Jarosz)
4. Have A Little Faith (Joss Stone)
5. See How Far You've Come (Sara Watkins)
6. Old Whiskey Bottle (Celia Woodsmith)
7. Still The One (Nicki Bluhm)
8. Ladders In The Sky (Claire Lynch)
9. Coming Back To You (Mary Chapin Carpenter)
10. Run To Heaven (Aofie O'Donovan)
11. Rock And Roll (Abigail Washburn)
Bonus Track: Hazosphere (Jennifer Hartswick)